fman features a flexible plugin system that gives you great freedom to
extend its functionality. The list below gives some examples. If you wrote a
plugin and would like us to add it to this list, please
get in touch!
You can install plugins right from within fman. The
next page explains how.
See more information in the status bar, such as the number of files in the
Gives information about the currently selected files, such as total file
- Shows a list of currently installed plugins.
- Displays all available key bindings.
Navigate directories with the arrow keys: Left goes up, Right opens
Preview the currently selected file with macOS's Quick Look
- vim-style keyboard navigation.
- Select all files that match a regular expression.
- Quickly see properties of videos (eg. "size 800x600"). Uses ffmpeg.
- View file details in Windows Explorer's Properties dialog.
- Zip the selected files.
- Tar/untar the selected files.
- Get a shareable link for a file.
Edit files using the editor specified in the
Open the current directory in iTerm2.
Automatically run a start script when changing project directories.
Duplicate the current file or directory.
- Clear the selection.
- Move selected files to a new or existing subdirectory.
Open the currently selected file in the corresponding repository within
- Display fman's version and the Python version being used.
- Open the current path in the external editor.