fman features a flexible plugin system that gives you great freedom to
extend its functionality. Below are some examples. Even more plugins can be
You can install plugins right from within fman. The
next page explains how.
See more information in the status bar, such as the number of files in the
Open the current directory in iTerm2.
Gives information about the currently selected files, such as total file
- Zip the selected files.
- vim-style keyboard navigation.
- Select all files that match a regular expression.
Edit files using the editor specified in the
- Upload a file to the cloud and get a shareable link for it.
- Quickly see properties of videos (eg. "size 800x600"). Uses ffmpeg.
- View file details in Windows Explorer's Properties dialog.
Navigate directories with the arrow keys: Left goes up, Right opens
Preview the currently selected file with macOS's Quick Look
- Tar/untar the selected files.
- Move selected files to a new or existing sub-directory.
- Call macOS's native open command.
- Call macOS's Quick Look.
Jump to files/folders in the current directory with fman's GoTo dialog.
Automatically run a start script when changing project directories.
Duplicate the current file or directory.
- Move selected files to a new or existing subdirectory.
Open the currently selected file in the corresponding repository within
- Open Bash in the current directory.
- Open the current path in the external editor.